Tired of All the Serious Advice? Here’s Some Funny Marriage Advice
Marriage is a union between two imperfect individuals who have made the decision to be together “no matter what.” This means they have to put up with each other insecurities, personality flaws and bad habits. However, this doesn’t mean that they do not have a hard time dealing with each other’s flaws. This funny marriage advice is meant to help married couples avoid unnecessary conflict by putting a funny spin on their flaws.
Funny marriage tips for husbands
- Your wife loves you, but she certainly doesn’t love everything about you. You probably have some bad habits that annoy her. Maybe you often forget to clean up after yourself or interrupt her when she’s speaking. It is important to take note of these things and try to avoid doing them.
- Sometimes, being a husband is like being a diplomat. There are certain situations where it is not a good idea to be blunt with your wife. For instance, if your wife has gained some weight and you want to point it out to her, you’ll need to be gentle and diplomatic. The same thing applies when you are criticizing your wife’s cooking and parenting skills.
- If you want your wife to stop nagging you about picking up after yourself, pick up after yourself! Even if you are in a traditional marriage where your wife is happy to do most of the house work, don’t put her in a position where she has to pick up after you. Always put dirty clothes in the hamper when you take them off, dirty dishes in the dishwasher or in the sink etc.
- Don’t take off your wedding ring because you’ll probably forget to put it back on or lose it. Good luck explaining to your wife how you lost your wedding ring or why you took it off in the first place. However, if you must take it off, don’t just place it on the counter; put it in a ring holder.
Funny marriage advice for wives
- Wouldn’t it be nice if your husband could read your mind? Unfortunately, the technology necessary to make this possible has yet to be invented! For now, you’ll just have to settle for telling your husband how you feel and what you expect from him.
- Sometimes you just have to let your husband make the decisions. If you are in a situation where you feel you could live with whatever decision your husband makes, let your husband make the decision. For instance, if you are buying a new car and your husband is much more knowledgeable about cars whereas you don’t really have much of an opinion, let him make the decision. This does not apply to situations where you have strong opinions on the issue at hand.
- Your husband probably thinks you talk too much, but he knows better than to tell you that. It’s nothing against you though. It is a scientific fact that women talk about three times more than men. So, don’t be offended when he retreats into his “man cave” for some quiet time. You should also make an effort to give him some quiet time when he’s tired or stressed.
- You are not the centre of your husband’s universe and that’s okay! Imagine him being around all the time and you never having some alone time or time to hang out with your friends. You would probably feel smothered and he would drive you mad. He would probably feel the same way if you were around all the time so don’t be offended if he doesn’t want to spend every waking moment with you.
If you want to have a laugh as you work on your marriage, read this article with your spouse. You can both choose the funny marriage advice and relationship tips that you both think will be most beneficial to your marriage and laugh your way to a better marriage.