Scrapbook Ideas for Preserving Romantic Memories
As you and your partner take steps to rekindle romance in your marriage, you will want hold on to on to some of those memories. An easy way to do this is by using creative scrapbook ideas.
If you don’t know how to make a scrapbook, start by collecting memorabilia that captures your special moments. This is part of the joy of scrapbooking. Consider having a memory chest to store your memorabilia as you collect it.
Here are some ideas to help you get started on building your memorabilia collection.
- Receipts and Tickets – If you spend a romantic evening in or out of town, save all the receipts and tickets from restaurants, movie theatres, concerts etc. Also do not hesitate to grab matchbooks or anything else that is offered if you think that it will make a great addition to your chest.
- Sea shells and Sand –Shells can come in handy for decoration paintings and photo frames. Therefore, if you spend a vacation on the beach, collect some seashells and sand, put them in small containers and label them for easy identification. Most beaches will allow you to collect these things at no cost.
- Labels – If you find a drink or food that you like, save the label. Do not forget to mark the label clearly so that you know what occasion it represents. If you don’t want to ruin the labels by writing on them, include a small note explaining the occasions of the various drinks.
- Maps – If you enjoy road trips or hikes, save all the maps. Then get a large map and pin all the smaller maps on it to indicate the places you have visited. You can do this either physically using real maps or digitally on one of the many free digital scrapbooking websites out there.
- Photos – Every scrapbook needs a couple of photos. However, not just any photo will do; you need something that will stand out. One way to take truly outstanding photos is to recreate romantic scenes from your favorite movies. Pair these with a couple of photos from other memorable experiences such as weddings, anniversaries or birthdays and you have yourself nice scrapbook.
- Music – Most people never think to include music in their scrapbooks. However, like many other scrapbook ideas, music can bring back some wonderful memories. So if you find a song that you both like, during your romantic pursuits, buy the CD and add it to your memory chest. Include a note detailing where you first heard the song.
With these scrapbook ideas, you can start preserving your romantic memories right away.