Relationship Tips for a Happy Marriage Part 27: All Decked Out
Do you and your partner ever dress up in black tie attire and go out for a fun night out? If not, you are missing out on an exciting part of your marriage.
Dressing up and going out is an integral part of dating and new romance. New couples enjoy having romantic nights out because it brings them closer together.
Although there is no reason why dressing up and going out should be the reserve of dating couples, married couples rarely do it. Sure, it may take a lot more planning especially if you have kids and need to find a baby sitter, but it’s doable.
Do you already know what your spouse likes to see you in? Chances are that it’s not a sweat shirt and jeans.
When going out with your spouse, you should dress to impress him or her. So if you don’t already know what outfit your partner likes to see you in, ask. The only downside to this is that you have to be willing to make changes based on their opinion. Asking for an opinion and then completely ignoring it is disrespectful.
Men should at least wear a clean, ironed shirt and some dress pants. However, if you really want to impress, go for black tie attire – a tuxedo with a bow tie.
Women on the other hand can wear an evening gown. The formality of the gown will depend on what you are planning to do with your evening. If you are going to a ball or an opera, you may want to dress more formally than you would if you were going to your favorite restaurant.
How to Rekindle a Marriage with a Night Out
Having a night out is all about enjoying each other’s company in a pleasant environment. Here are some suggestions of some fun environments to visit with your partner.
- A ball or opera within an hours’ drive from your home. If you have been taking dancing lessons but haven’t had the chance to practice, a ball might be for you. Alternatively, if you both enjoy classical music, going to an opera together could be a good bonding experience.
- Karaoke night is another good idea for couples who enjoy singing and taking up new challenges together. Remember, it’s not about how well you can sing but about having fun.
- Comedy night followed by dinner is also not a bad idea. Laughing at jokes will help both of you to loosen up so that you can enjoy your dinner together a lot more.
- A romantic dinner accompanied by some live music creates a romantic and cozy environment for your enjoyment. Best of all, you can pick a restaurant that plays the kind of music that you or your partner enjoy.
- Finally a night picnic is perfect for lovers of the outdoors. For instance, you could decide to go to the beach and pick up some food or pizza on your way there. If you like bring some music to set the mood for your night out. You probably won’t need to wear black tie attire for this but make sure you dress up nevertheless.